Road map of Events dedicated to the 70th Anniversary of Establishment of Diplomatic Relations between the Russian Federation and the Republic of India (April 13, 1947 – April 13, 2017)
October 15, 2016:
India and Russia decided to celebrate next year marking 70th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations in a befitting manner depicting width and depth of multi-faceted relations that the two countries have spanning diverse fields including political, defence, energy, trade, economy, finance, investment, culture, education, think-tanks, science and technology, sports, youth, tourism, people-to-people including but not limited to those listed below:
Official and intergovernmental events
- The exchange of congratulatory messages between President of the Russian Federation H.E. Mr Vladimir Putin and President of India H.E. Mr Pranab Mukherjee, between President of the Russian Federation H.E. Mr Vladimir Putin and Prime Minister of India H.E. Mr Narendra Modi, between Minister of Foreign Affairs of Russia H.E. Mr Sergey Lavrov and Minister of External Affairs of India H.E. Mrs Sushma Swaraj (nodal agency/ministry – The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia, The Ministry for External Affairs of India).
- Official receptions in the Embassy of Russia in New Delhi (with invitations extended to MEA senior officials) and the Embassy of India in Moscow (The Embassy of Russia in New Delhi, the Embassy of India in Moscow).
- Simultaneous publication of articles dedicated to the anniversary by President of the Russian Federation H.E. Mr Vladimir Putin and Prime Minister of India H.E. Mr Narendra Modi in leading periodicals of India and Russia respectively (The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia, The Ministry for External Affairs of India).
- Bestowal of commemorative breastplate sign of MFA of Russia “For contribution to the development of international cooperation” on prominent Indian retired diplomats. (The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia).
- Joint release of postage stamps of the Russian Federation and the Republic of India. Production of first day cover, special letter stamp and holding the ceremony of commemorative cancellation. (nodal agency/ministry – Ministry of Ministry of Telecom and Mass Communications of Russia, Federal Communications Agency Rossvyaz, The Department of Post of India).
- Celebration of the 50th anniversary of the opening of the Consulate General of India in St.Petersburg (with the participation of the government of Mumbai twin city) (The Ministry for External Affairs of India, Government of St.Petersburg).
- Release of commemorative pins dedicated to the 70th Anniversary of Establishment of diplomatic relations between Russia and India to be awarded during the commemorative events (The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia).
- The launch of a radio discussion program dedicated to the 70th Anniversary of Establishment of diplomatic relations as part of a daily radio program “Russia Today” on Gold-FM All India Radio (IIA “Russia Today”).
- Thematic museum exhibitions (Ministries of Culture of Russia and India).
- Retrospective photo exhibitions on the history of Russian-Indian relations on the ground of the All-Russia State Library for Foreign Literature namedafter M.I. Rudomino (MFA of Russia, Ministry of Culture of Russia).
- International photo competition with the aim, inter alia, to promote Russia and India as promising tourist destinations (Ministries of Culture of Russia and India, Federal Agency for Tourism – Rostourism; Ministry of Tourism of India)
- Exhibitions of International Roerich Memorial Trust in Kullu. (Ministries of Culture of Russia and India)
- Announce commemorative events in radio and television programs e.g in “Morning of Russia” on the channel “Rossiya-1” (All-Russia State Television and Radio Broadcasting Company, Prasar Bharati).
- Weeks of cultural and educational documentary movies on historical and cultural monuments, natural attractions, traditions and festivals in Russia and India on the TV channels of the two countries (“Rossiya-K”, Doordarshan) (All-Russia State Television and Radio Broadcasting Company, XP Division, MEA of India).
Scientific and politological events
- Release of the collection of articles with the memoires of Russian diplomats about India and Indian diplomats about Russia. Release of the series of scientific articles on bilateral Russian-Indian relations and the role of India in world politics in the journal “Vestnik of MGIMO University” (MFA of Russia, Moscow International Institute of International Relations MGIMO, MFA of Russia, MEA of India, ICWA, IDSA).
- Holding of “Round Table” on the basis of the Diplomatic Academy, MFA RF in April 2017 dedicated to the 70th anniversary of establishing diplomatic relations with participation of representatives from the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the diplomatic corps, the Indian Council of International Affairs, Jawaharlal Nehru University and the Centre for Research in Rural and Industrial Development (Chandigarh) and the subsequent publication of the “Round Table” materials with the inclusion of a clusters of articles by Russian and Indian diplomats (MFA of Russia, Diplomatic Academy, ICWA).
- Think-tank summit on topical issues and prospects of Russian-Indian cooperation in the changing global environment (in the follow-up to the forum held in Moscow on September 21-23, 2016 in Moscow State University of International Relations, MFA RF, on the initiative of Indian Council for World Affairs) (Russian International Affairs Council (RIAC), Russian Academy of Sciences, MGIMO, Russkiy Mir Foundation, ICWA, ERS-MEA).
- “Round Tables” on international and bilateral issues, essential for both countries, in the format of videoconference on the basis of the RCSC and its offices in India with participation of well-known Russian and Indian experts (Federal Agency for the Commonwealth of Independent States, Compatriots Living Abroad and International Humanitarian Cooperation – Rossotrudnichestvo, RIAC, Russian Academy of Sciences, Russkiy Mir Foundation, ICWA, MEA).
- Organization of round table “The Future of Russia and India in the Hands of Young People” in Russia with the participation of Russian youth leaders and Indian representatives invited within the Program of short-term visits to Russia of young representatives of political, social, scientific and business of foreign states “New Generation” (in April-October, 2017) (Federal Agency for Youth Affairs – Rosmolodezh, Rossotrudnichestvo, Ministry of Youth Affairs of India)
- Round tables “People’s Diplomacy: Challenges and Prospects”. Meetings with Indian diaspora members residing in Russia (Russkiy Mir Foundation, All-Russia State Television and Radio Broadcasting Company, XP Division, MEA of India, Doordarshan/Prasar Bharati)
- State sponsorship to the organizations publishing the works Indian authors translated into Russian. Joint literary festivals (“weeks of books”) (Federal Agency for Press and Mass Media – Rospechat, Ministry of Culture of India).
- Forum of Heads of Russian Regional Administrations and the Chief Ministers of Indian states with the participation of eminent representatives of the business community and conducting of crossed “business mission” (Ministry of Economic Development of Russia, Ministry for Development of Russian Far East, Chamber of Commerce & Industry of Russia, Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs, Ministry of Commerce of India, MEA of India, States Division).
- Participation of the Russian Federation as a Partner Country at the annual international exhibition of high-tech products “International Engineering and Sourcing Show- in Chennai from 16 to 18 March 2017 (Ministry of Industry and Trade of Russia, Ministry of Commerce of India).
- Presentation of the opportunities for investment and technology cooperation within “Make in India” campaign by the Indian Side (on the basis of major trade centers of Russia) (Ministry of Economic Development of Russia, Ministry of Industry and Trade of Russia, Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion of India).
- Conducting of a joint motocross in India or international parade in the city with participation of Russian and Indian motorcyclists. Holding a press conference or round table of Russian and Indian motorcycle riders with the presentation of motorcycle routes of Russian travelers to India, presentation of Russian motorcycle routes for the Indian audience (Federation of Motorcycle Tourism of Russia, Ministry of Sport of India).
- The rapid chess tournament in six games between Vladimir Kramnik (14-th World Champion) and Viswanathan Anand (15th World Champion) in Chennai financed by the Indian Side (Ministry of Sports of Russia, Russian Chess Federation, Indian Chess Federation).
- Sporting festivals on the basis of REU in various sports (football, hockey, volleyball, table tennis, tennis, badminton, etc.) with the participation of representatives from diplomatic/ consular corps. (Ministers of Sport of Russia and India)
- “To Russia – with love!” programme – organization of familiarization tours for Indian citizens during the period commemorative events and familiarization tours by Ministry of Tourism Government of India for travel professionals from Russia (Rostourism, Ministry for Development of Russian Far East and Ministry of Tourism of India).
- Informational and educational, cultural and sports activities in “Artek” International Center within the framework of international session with the participation of the young generation of Russia and India (Ministry of Education and Science of Russia, Ministry of Culture of India, ICCR).
- The launch of bilingual mobile programme for tourism (“IndRus Tourism”) (Ministry of Ministry of Telecom and Mass Communications of Russia, Rostourism, Ministry of Tourism of India).
Events on the margins of international fora
- Participation of India as a guest country in the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum (June 1-3, 2017) with the respective business and cultural programme. The organization of Indian pavilion (“The House of India”) with stands for the businessmen and the zone for business interaction (Ministry of Economic Development of Russia, Roscongress Foundation, Ministry of Commerce of India).
- The organization of “Days of India” / “Russian-Indian Business Summit” within Eastern Economic Forum-2017, including business and culture programme (Ministry for Development of Russian Far East, Roscongress Foundation).
- The organization of Small and Medium Enterprises Forum between Russia and India on the margins of International Investment Forum “Sochi” (October 2017) (Ministry of Economic Development of Russia, Roscongress Foundation, Ministry of Commerce of India).
- Participation of Russia and India in major tourist exhibitions in India and Russia respectively to promote national potential for tourism (Rostourism, Ministry of Tourism of India).
- “Round table” of the officials of top Russian and Indian universities for the development of cooperation in the field of higher education on the basis of Russian International Affairs Council in Moscow in 2017 (RIAC, ICWA, UGC)
- Strategic dialogue between Russia and India under the auspices of Observer Research Foundation (Russkiy Mir Foundation, Observer Research Foundation).